The annual application round for the Master’s Degree Programmes taught in English at the University of Tampere begins on 1 December 2010. Applications for the programmes are to be submitted through the University Admissions Finland service (UAF).
Before sending the applications to the University for the selection of students, UAF evaluates the eligibility of applicants and the authenticity of educational certificates. The UAF service also includes the verification of language test scores. Altogether eight programmes are open for applications for entry 2011:
- Master’s Degree Programme in Software Development
- Master’s Degree Programme in User Interface Software Development
- Master’s Degree Programme in Interactive Technology
- Master’s Degree Programme in Bioinformatics
- Master’s Degree Programme in Health Sciences (Public Health or International Health)
- Master’s Degree Programme in European and Russian Studies
- Joint Master’s Degree Programme in International Relations within Finnish-Russian Cross Border University CBU
- Master’s Degree Programme in Media Management
The deadline for applications is 1 February 2011. The selection of students will be made by mid-May, and the programmes start in August-September.
The total number of Master’s Degree programmes taught in English at the University of Tampere is not limited to the above-mentioned programmes as some of the programmes only have an intake every other year. The University of Tampere has a wide selection of programmes also including areas such as business competence and society and culture research.
Information on all international degree programmes and instructions for applicants are available on the University of Tampere Admissions website at: http://www.uta.fi/admissions/degreeprog/index.php.